Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week3_Practical Experience_GoogleDocs

Google Docs is a great tool for sharing documents, presentations and spreadsheets. I have been acquainted with google for several years. The problem is that I have not used this platform to its fullest intent. I was first introduced to google docs while working for the University of California, Davis as the program manager for the Toyota Highlander Hydrogen Fuel Vehicle. Google docs was a great way to share documents with out bogging down the email system. An example of one the first documents shared with me. This was a request for the car to be present at a political fundraiser for Mike Thompson.


Since then I have only used this resource sparingly. Through out this program I feel I am becoming more comfortable with its use and I am looking at ways to use it more in my everyday education life. Our Eastern Connection group, in the EMDT program have used this platform to exchange ideas and collaborate on group projects. This has been wonderful! Even though we are in the eastern time zone, our schedules rarely match up to discuss projects in a chat room.

Google Docs will be very beneficial in my Action Research. This will allow me to share with teachers documents; such as worksheets, spread sheets and presentations. We can collaborate on  making modifications and improvements as the we progress through the project.

Currently I mentor new teachers, the use of Google docs will benefit the distribution of lesson plans and documents. Right now it is difficult to fully implement due to the restrictions our school district placed on all Google products. Slowly, we will be working from our home computers to use this wonderful tool.

Sunday Sept. 19, evening: Use of the spread sheet that was shared by the ETC professor. Made corrections to my blog URL. Paste options took too many entries. Quick fix and URL works.



Monday Sept. 20
Created a student contact sheet for our Career & Technical Student Organization Advisors to use. Let put knowledge into practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment